Monday, December 1, 2008

Figurative Sculpture in Modern Society


Figurative sculpture is not often used in modern interior design. Here is a piece i made recently (though it sadly got eaten) I have made many sculptures in my life, but this one standing at 3 and half feet was my largest and most complex. I would like to create more but am not sure how big a market there is for figurative sculpture these days. I don't usually concern myself with whether my work will be marketable but to create work which is complicated and devote the kind of time i'd like to devote I may need to consider finding patrons. So the question is, why are so many publically commisioned art works so abstract cold and corporate, is figurative sculpture a thing of the past or do modernists just have a better sales pitch... ??
Regardless this is one of the funnest projects i've ever created. Clay and me are good friends. Im looking forward to our next adventure.

No comments: